Welcome to Alesha Keen Counselling and Coaching
Healthy Mind, Body & Spirit
BWRT® is a natural, amazingly powerful and rapid new methodology to therapy that helps rewire thoughts virtually in the brain.
All sessions are available in the following mediums
for local, national and international clients.
In-person in my Cheshire UK clinic
Nationally & Internationally via - Skype - Zoom – FaceTime - WhatsApp – Mobile - Phone
BWRT® offers you powerful and pioneering therapeutic services that is not only solution based by rapidly freeing you from unwanted patterns of behaviour, whilst opening up the opportunity to live the life you want being YOU.
My approach to counselling and coaching is multi-faceted and integrated to be totally individual and client centred. I provide a discreet and confidential environement in which privacy is always assured and you are free to disuss your issue however minor or worrying.
To ensure a good level of openess and trust I welcome you to contact me by phone or email so that we can see if there is a comfortable fit and rapport between us to support a good working relationship.
What is BWRT®
Neuroscience meets Psychology
Brain Working Recursive Therapy® is a neuroscience-based process that has been shown to be useful to help reduce or alleviate the symptoms, and causes of symptoms, associated with Anxiety, Phobias, PTSD, Depression, Low confidence, Low self-esteem, and many other psychological issues. It works in a unique way to ‘defuse’ the psychological triggers of the symptom pattern before they reach the part of the brain that activates the emotional responses. In this way the symptom is either alleviated or greatly reduced in severity. BWRT® mimics the way the brain and psyche acquire the difficulty in the first place and is therefore a totally natural process. The work does not require you to divulge any intimate details of your personal life or of any event that you wish to keep private that might have been the cause of your symptom. While there is not a therapy in the world that works for everybody every time, BWRT® is considered by many to be among the most reliable of psychological methodologies.
BrainWorking Recursive Therapy® was discovered in 2011 by Terence Watts, MCGI, a UK therapist, author and trainer in full-time private practice since 1989. After development and many practical trials with volunteers, BWRT® was taught for the first time in October 2013. One of the first students of the new technique was South African Clinical Psychologist Rafiq Lockhat whose extensive experience in the world of psychology led to him being quickly appointed as Terence’s research partner and ‘Mr BWRT South Africa.’ Terence and Rafiq continued to refine the process into the elegant system that it is today.
All trainers of this relatively new model of psychopathology are selected by The Terence Watts BWRT Institute and all adhere to the same training programme to ensure, as far as possible, consistency in technical expertise across the globe.
I was trained by: Terence Watts
Working with BWRT® with Alesha
- BWRT® is designed to help neutralise triggers for the symptom(s) you experience. There are three levels of BWRT® and as your practitioner I will ask you some questions that will help them decide which is the most appropriate level for you.
- There are a few conditions and situations in which BWRT® is not a suitable therapy and when this is the case, as the practitioner I will advise you accordingly.
- The number of sessions you will need vary according to several circumstances and the I will advise you where possible. Many situations respond well to between one and four sessions, though some more serious issues may need more.
- You will not have to tell me any personal details you would rather keep private (save for clause 6, below) but there are some situations when secrets might inhibit therapy. I will advise you if this is the case.
- If your presenting problem could be caused by a medical or physiological condition, you will need to have had a medical consultation before working with BWRT®
- If you have experienced any previous psychological illnesses of conditions, whether or not they received or required medical intervention, you must ensure I am made fully aware of the details.
- Straightforward issues such as smoking cessation, phobias, fears and specific anxieties will not normally need any medical consultation before BWRT®.
- There is no need for prolonged investigation into your early (childhood) years but if you feel they might have a bearing on your symptom, you can tell me so that I may take that into account.
- If your symptom was triggered by a past situation or trauma, you will be required to recall it for just a few seconds so that the degree of discomfort can be accessed via the Perceived Arousal Level (PAL). This also allows assessment of the degree of improvement after the process has been applied.
- I may sometimes use my voice in a way that sounds unusual or strange to you. This need not concern you and is just part of the BWRT® Process
- There are several different ways that BWRT® can be conducted and I will be able to make the best choice for you and your presenting issue.
- If the symptom or difficulty for which you are seeking help is part of, or likely to be part of, any legal proceedings, please take legal advice before embarking on treatment, since BWRT® changes your perception and responses to past events.
BWRT® & WSN Counselling & Coaching
20-minute Initial free consult by Phone or Skype: FOC
1st Initial Assessment up to 90 minutes to 2 hours: £90 - £120
Up to 90-minutes session: £90
Up to 1-hour sessions: £60
All appointments are in confidence and as a registered BWRT® Practitioner I am bound by a strict code of ethics with the BBRS.
Please note you should initially consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health care professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Brain Working Recursive Therapy® is a neuroscience-based process that has been shown to be useful to help reduce or alleviate the symptoms, and causes of symptoms, associated with some of the following:
- Anxiety both Free Floating Anxiety (FFA) and General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social phobia
- Commitment Anxiety
- Family stress
- Smoking cessation
- Phobias and Fears
- Fear of performing
- Exam nerves
- Success Inhibition
- Achieving specific goals and wishes
- Energy levels
- Fear of failure
- All types of Performance Anxiety
- Self-Confidence Issues
- Low self-worth and feeling less than others
- Fear of Authority
- Relationship Issues
- PDSD (Prolonged Duress Stress Disorder)
- Grief prolonged or acute
- Childhood trauma